Employment Opportunity: Heartland Is Hiring an Administrative Assistant
Heartland is currently seeking candidates for a full time Administrative Assistant.
We require a confident, career-oriented self-starter who possesses exceptional organization, interpersonal and communication skills. Your dexterity in exercising good independent judgment and ability to work well within a corporate team environment while managing shifting priorities is key to this position. The right candidate will be able to work independently and take initiative to complete tasks with minimal direction.
About Heartland LLC
Heartland LLC (“Heartland”) is a Seattle-based real estate advisory and investment firm with over 35 years of experience creating value for clients, including families and family-owned businesses, non-profit organizations, corporations, and real estate development, investment and operating companies. Heartland combines strategy development and analytical rigor with execution capabilities in real estate brokerage, asset management, capital markets, and development services to positively impact the communities, organizations and families with whom we work. In 2019, Heartland merged with Laird Norton Properties (“LNP”) to create a unique, multi-faceted and fully integrated business and real estate enterprise. In 2019, Heartland became a majority owned subsidiary of Laird Norton Company.
Click here for more information about what we do at Heartland.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant’s duties will vary on a daily basis depending on workflow, but core responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of extensive electronic databases
- Maintenance of electronic filing systems
- Contact database management and data entry
- Conference room(s) calendaring, preparation and maintenance
- Management/scheduling of multiple, complex calendars
- Editing and Proofreading documents
- Internet research
- Collaborative support of entire team
- Clerical duties, including but not limited to: coordination/troubleshooting with IT as necessary on printing, scanning and e-filing, supply room and kitchen ordering and maintenance, photocopying, scanning, courier services, food orders, filing, answering phones, sign for deliveries and distribute UPS/Fed Ex/courier packages/mail
- Responsive and comprehensive client interaction
- Support of project level staff in project-based work
Applicants should possess the following skills/qualities:
- Ability to effectively and independently multi-task and prioritize work
- High attention to detail
- Extremely efficient, organized and reliable
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Ready willingness to learn
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and identify opportunities to improve on quality
- Ability to discern and keep confidential information
- Desire to take ownership of work
- Professional maturity and sound judgment expected within a corporate environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with office environment and duties
- Experience with MS Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams) and Adobe
- Positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable
The following skills are not required, but would be a plus:
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC systems
- Knowledge of real estate terminology and concepts
- Understanding of legal terminology
- Experience with Zoom
Ideal Candidate Qualities
Our ideal candidate will have a strong compatibility with Heartland culture in terms of intellectual curiosity, team-oriented nature, problem-solving capacity, desire to learn new skills as projects demand, a focus on high-quality work product, and ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to follow directions and also set own action plan
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet delivery deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within teams
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and make well-reasoned decisions
- Desire to work with clients
- Strong self motivation
- Team orientation
Educational & Professional Experience Requirements
- 2-3 years of administrative experience (industry agnostic)
- High School or equivalent diploma required, additional education preferred
Hybrid Work Expectations
This is a full-time position based in Seattle, Washington. Heartland currently has a hybrid work policy, which includes the ability to work remotely within the State of Washington and an expectation for this position of a minimum of 3 days in office within the parameters of Heartland’s COVID protocols as well as applicable law. The hybrid work policy will continue to evolve over time.
The salary range for this position will range from $45,000-$65,000 per year and will be dependent upon multiple factors including experience and existing skill sets.
- 401(k) plan
- Life and disability coverage
- Potential for discretionary annual bonuses
- Vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Company supplied equipment for home office
- Qualified Transportation Plan program
- Charitable Matching Gift Program
- Health and Fitness Reimbursement program
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that our mission and values are best advanced by the leadership and contributions of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our region’s diversity is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status, or other status protected by law.
As advisors by trade, we know that innovative solutions emerge from unique perspectives, experiences and identities. As such, our team and our partners are our life force. We encourage employees to get involved and to feel comfortable voicing their opinions and sharing their ideas; our goal is for everyone to feel and be heard, included and acknowledged. To that end, we are committed to continue working to become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. We know it is a journey and while we may not get it right all the time, we are committed to listening and learning in order to effect change in our organization and beyond.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Heartland has an employee vaccination policy in effect and, if hired, any applicant must provide appropriate evidence of full vaccination prior to his or her agreed start date unless otherwise prohibited by applicable controlling state or local law and subject to any applicable religious or medical exemptions required by applicable law.
Application Process & Contact Information
Applications accepted on rolling basis
Applications shall include the following:
Applications should be sent via email to:
Carrie Christensen, Operations Manager