Employment Opportunity: Heartland Is Hiring an Associate Project Manager
Heartland is seeking candidates for a full time Associate Project Manager position.
See details below for information about the position and how to apply.
Heartland is a Seattle-based real estate advisory and investment firm with over 35 years of experience creating value for clients, including families and family-owned businesses, non-profit organizations, corporations, and real estate development, investment, and operating companies. Heartland combines strategy development and analytical rigor with execution capabilities in real estate brokerage, asset management, capital markets, and development services to positively impact the communities, organizations, and families with whom we work.
In 2019, Heartland became a majority owned subsidiary of Laird Norton Company. Heartland, on behalf of Laird Norton Properties (LNP), the wholly owned real estate subsidiary of Laird Norton Company, a seventh-generation family enterprise, provides comprehensive asset management services for the company’s 16-asset, ~2M square foot office and multifamily portfolio across 5 markets: Seattle, Boise, Salt Lake City, Denver and Portland. Heartland focuses on mitigating risk and unlocking value within the existing portfolio.
Click here for more information about what we do at Heartland.
As the Associate Project Manager (“APM”) you will:
- Conduct market, demographic, economic, and financial data collection and analysis for a wide range of real estate product types, geographies, and client types
- Assist in financial modeling
- Assist in the synthesis of this information and creation of client-facing materials, including reports, memorandums and presentations
- Attend and participate in meetings with clients
Key Skills & Competencies
Applicants should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Real estate valuation fundamentals
- Abilities in market research and analysis
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Quantitative analysis and financial modeling capabilities
- Facility with Office 365 (including Excel, Teams and SharePoint)
- GIS (beneficial, but not required)
- Tableau (beneficial, but not required)
- MS Access (beneficial, but not required)
Educational & Professional Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in appropriate fields (business, finance, public policy, real estate)
- 2-3 years experience in real estate-related position
Our ideal candidate will have a strong compatibility with Heartland culture in terms of intellectual curiosity, team-oriented nature, problem-solving capacity, desire to learn new skills as projects demand, a focus on high-quality work product, and ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity
- Proactive self-starter with ability to both take direction and also set own action plan
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet delivery deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within teams
- Ability to probe, ask the right questions, and dig beneath the surface to test the validity of information
- Open-minded thinker who can approach problems from the mindset of a diverse set of client backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and make well-reasoned business decisions
- Intellectual curiosity
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Interdisciplinary capabilities
- Curiosity to learn about the communities and cultures both within Heartland and with those Heartland works with
- Ability to interact with clients
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to focus on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Team orientation
Reporting & Teaming
The APM will report to Principals and collaborate with team and internal project staff on a project-by-project basis.
Pending client needs and projects, day trips throughout the Puget Sound Region and occasional out-of-state travel is expected.
Heartland currently has a hybrid work policy, which includes the ability to work remotely within the Puget Sound Region. On average, Heartlanders are in the office 2-3 days per week. Principals and Senior Managers may require more in-office time to engage with clients and internal teams and conduct site visits. The hybrid work policy may evolve over time.
The salary range for this position will range from $80,000-$105,000 per year and will be dependent upon multiple factors including experience and existing skill sets.
- 401(k) plan
- Life and disability coverage
- Potential for discretionary annual bonuses
- Vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Company supplied equipment for home office
- Qualified Transportation Plan program
- Charitable Matching Gift Program
- Health and Fitness Reimbursement program
This is a full-time position based in Seattle, Washington.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that our mission and values are best advanced by the leadership and contributions of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our region’s diversity is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status, or other status protected by law.
As advisors by trade, we know that innovative solutions emerge from unique perspectives, experiences, and identities. As such, our team and our partners are our life force. We encourage employees to get involved and to feel comfortable voicing their opinions and sharing their ideas; our goal is for everyone to feel and be heard, included, and acknowledged. To that end, we are committed to continue working to become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. We know it is a journey and while we may not get it right all the time, we are committed to listening and learning in order to effect change in our organization and beyond.
Heartland has an employee vaccination policy in effect and, if hired, any applicant must provide appropriate evidence of full vaccination prior to his or her agreed start date unless otherwise prohibited by applicable controlling state or local law and subject to any applicable religious or medical exemptions required by applicable law.
Application Process & Contact Information
To apply, please send a Cover Letter and Résumé to:
Carrie Christensen, Operations Manager
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.