Employment Opportunity: Heartland Is Hiring an Associate Project Manager or Project Manager -POSITION FILLED
Position filled, please check back for additional opportunities to join the Heartland team.
Heartland is seeking candidates for a full time Associate Project Manager or Project Manager position.
See details below for information about the position and how to apply.
Heartland LLC is a Seattle-based real estate advisory and investment firm with over 35 years of experience creating value for clients, including families and family-owned businesses, non-profit organizations, corporations, and real estate development, investment and operating companies. Heartland combines strategy development and analytical rigor with execution capabilities in real estate brokerage, asset management, capital markets, and development services to positively impact the communities, organizations and families with whom we work. In 2019, Heartland merged with Laird Norton Properties (“LNP”) to create a unique, multi-faceted and fully integrated business and real estate enterprise.
As the Associate Project Manager (“APM”) you will:
- Conduct market, demographic, economic, and financial data collection and analysis for a wide range of real estate product types, geographies, and client types.
- Assist in financial modeling.
- Assist in the synthesis of this information and creation of client-facing materials, including reports, memorandums and presentations.
As the Project Manager (“PM”) you will:
- Manage multi-phase projects from strategy development to implementation on behalf of a range of client types.
- Perform a range of market, demographic, economic, and financial analysis for a wide range of real estate product types, geographies, and client types.
- Synthesize this analysis and create client-facing materials, including reports, financial models, memorandums and presentations.
- Contribute to business development.
- Support internal firm functions and processes.
Key Skills & Competencies
Applicants should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Real estate valuation fundamentals
- Abilities in market research and analysis
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Quantitative analysis and financial modeling capabilities
In addition to APM requirements, PM applicants should also possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong team management skills, including managing internal teams and interdisciplinary external teams
- Quantitative analysis and financial modeling capabilities
- Residual Land Value analysis
- Consummate project management capabilities, including project scoping, process, timeline and deliverable management
- Facility with Office 365 (including Excel, Teams and SharePoint)
- GIS (beneficial, but not required)
- Tableau (beneficial, but not required)
- MS Access (beneficial, but not required)
Educational & Professional Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in appropriate fields (business, finance, public policy, real estate)
- For APM role, 2-3 years experience in real estate-related position
- For PM role, 3-5 years experience in real estate-related position
Our ideal candidate will have a strong compatibility with Heartland culture in terms of intellectual curiosity, team-oriented nature, problem-solving capacity, desire to learn new skills as projects demand, a focus on high-quality work product, and ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity
- Proactive self-starter with ability to both take direction and also set own action plan
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet delivery deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within teams
- Ability to probe, ask the right questions, and dig beneath the surface to test the validity of information
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and make well-reasoned business decisions
- Intellectual curiosity
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Interdisciplinary capabilities
- Ability to interact with clients
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to focus on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Team orientation
Reporting & Teaming
The APM and PM will report to Principals and collaborate with team and internal project staff on a project-by-project basis.
Pending client needs and projects, day trips throughout the Puget Sound Region and occasional out-of-state travel is expected.
Market appropriate; experience and skills considered, comprehensive benefits package included.
This is a full-time, office-based position. In light of the current situation regarding COVID-19, all employees have been given the opportunity to work remotely. Once the company makes the decision to return to the office, the position will likely have the opportunity to be a hybrid model combining remote and in-person work.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that our mission and values are best advanced by the leadership and contributions of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our region’s diversity is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status, or other status protected by law.
As advisors by trade, we know that innovative solutions emerge from unique perspectives, experiences and identities. As such, our team and our partners are our life force. We encourage employees to get involved and to feel comfortable voicing their opinions and sharing their ideas; our goal is for everyone to feel and be heard, included and acknowledged. To that end, we are committed to continue working to become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. We know it is a journey and while we may not get it right all the time, we are committed to listening and learning in order to effect change in our organization and beyond.
Application Process & Contact Information
Applications shall include the following:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and should be sent via email to:
Carrie Christensen, Project Administrator / Marketing Coordinator