Position filled, please check back for additional opportunities to join the Heartland team.
Heartland is seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant II position to start on or before March 1, 2021.
See details below for information about the position and how to apply.
Heartland LLC is a Seattle-based real estate advisory and investment firm with over 35 years of experience creating value for clients, including families and family-owned businesses, non-profit organizations, corporations, as well as real estate development, investment and operating companies. Heartland combines strategy development and analytical rigor with execution capabilities in real estate brokerage, asset management, capital markets, and development services to positively impact the communities, organizations and families with whom we work. In 2019, Heartland merged with Laird Norton Properties (“LNP”) to create a unique, multi-faceted and fully integrated business and real estate enterprise.
Heartland provides a full range of real estate advisory services. In some cases, we provide additional capacity to organizations requiring more depth or breadth in real estate. In others, we are a sounding board and advisor for families, companies and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their policies, portfolios or properties. In every instance, we navigate challenges and maximize opportunities through asking questions, testing assumptions and aligning team members toward a shared vision and effective implementation. The hallmarks of a Heartland project are results that speak for themselves, clarity out of confusion, alignment out of conflict and improved economic and environmental outcomes.
Despite the variety of contexts, we are advisors first and take pride in supporting our clients from strategy development to analytics to implementation and long-term stewardship. In all cases, Heartland exists to assist our clients across the private, public and non-profit sectors in achieving their unique goals and making impact.
Heartland comprises a small, fast-paced team that values collaboration, curiosity, community involvement and personal development. We take a holistic approach and support an environment of personal and professional health and fulfillment.
Click here for more information about what we do at Heartland.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II POSITION SUMMARY
Heartland is seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant II position to start on or before March 1, 2021. We require a confident, career-oriented self-starter who possesses exceptional organization, interpersonal and communication skills. Your dexterity in exercising good independent judgment and ability to work well within a corporate team environment while managing shifting priorities is key to this position. The right candidate will be able to work independently and take initiative to complete tasks with minimal direction. The Administrative Assistant II’s duties will vary on a daily basis depending on workflow, but core responsibilities include:
- Multi-line phone experience
- Conference room(s) calendaring, preparation and maintenance
- Clerical duties, including but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, courier services, food orders, email, filing, supply room and kitchen ordering and maintenance, sign for deliveries and distribute UPS/Fed Ex/courier packages/mail
- Contact database management and data entry
- Direct assistance to Principals
- Collaborative support of entire team
- Proofreading of professional documents
- Maintenance of hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Maintenance of extensive electronic databases
- Management of multiple, complex calendars,
- Responsive and comprehensive client interaction
- Coordination of international and domestic travel
- Internet research
- Support of project level staff in project-based work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALITIES
- Ability to effectively and independently multi-task and prioritize work
- High attention to detail
- Extremely efficient, organized and reliable
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team
- Ready willingness to learn
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and identify opportunities to improve on quality
- Ability to discern and keep confidential information
- Desire to take ownership of work
- Professional maturity and sound judgment expected within a corporate environment
- Above average proofreading ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Type 60+ wpm
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with office environment and duties
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Office Suite (preferably experience with InDesign and Adobe Acrobat)
- Positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable
The following skills are not required, but would be a plus:
- Knowledge of Mac systems
- Knowledge of real estate terminology and concepts
- Understanding of legal terminology
- Experience with Zoom or Microsoft Teams
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALITIES
Our ideal candidate will have a strong compatibility with Heartland culture in terms of intellectual curiosity, team-oriented nature, problem-solving capacity, desire to learn new skills as projects demand, a focus on high-quality work product, and ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Proactive self-starter with ability to follow directions and also set own action plan
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet delivery deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within teams
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and make well-reasoned decisions
- Desire to work with clients
- Strong self motivation
- Team orientation
Educational & Professional Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience (industry agnostic)
- High School required, additional education preferred
Time / Duration
Work hours are Monday–Friday, 8:00am–5:00pm.
Market appropriate; experience and skills considered, comprehensive benefits package included.
This is a full-time, office-based position. In light of the current situation regarding COVID-19, all employees have been given the opportunity to work remotely. Once the company makes the decision to return to the office, the position will likely be expected to be in the office full time. Please note that there may be times during remote work where the candidate will be required to go to the office to perform administrative tasks. In these instances, all safety protocols will be adhered to.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that our mission and values are best advanced by the leadership and contributions of individuals of diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our region’s diversity is a priority, and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status, or other status protected by law.
As advisors by trade, we know that innovative solutions emerge from unique perspectives, experiences and identities. As such, our team and our partners are our life force. We encourage employees to get involved and to feel comfortable voicing their opinions and sharing their ideas; our goal is for everyone to feel and be heard, included and acknowledged. To that end, we are committed to continue working to become a more diverse, equitable and inclusive organization. We know it is a journey and while we may not get it right all the time, we are committed to listening and learning in order to effect change in our organization and beyond.
Application Process & Contact Information
Applications shall include the following:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and should be sent via email to:
Carrie Christensen, Project Administrator / Marketing Coordinator