Heartland is currently seeking candidates for a full time Associate Project Manager (“APM”) and/or full time Project Manager (“PM”).
APM Position Description
- Conduct market, demographic, economic, and financial data collection and analysis for a wide range of real estate product types, geographies, and client types.
- Assist in financial modeling.
- Assist in the synthesis of this information and creation of client-facing materials, including reports, memorandums and presentations.
PM Position Description
- Manage multi-phase projects from strategy development to implementation on behalf of a range of client types.
- Perform a range of market, demographic, economic, and financial analysis for a wide range of real estate product types, geographies, and client types.
- Synthesize this analysis and create client-facing materials, including reports, financial models, memorandums and presentations.
- Contribute to business development.
- Support internal firm functions and processes.
Heartland is a Seattle-based real estate advisory and investment firm with over 30 years of experience creating value for clients, including families and family-owned businesses, non-profit organizations, corporations, as well as real estate development, investment and operating companies. Heartland combines strategy development and analytical rigor with execution capabilities in real estate brokerage, asset management, capital markets, and development services to positively impact the communities, organizations and families with whom we work.
Our practice is rooted in a deep understanding of the fundamental drivers of real estate economics. With experience across both the public and private realm, we offer a unique ability to blend the needs of the private sector owner with public sector processes and initiatives. Additionally, the expertise derived from work on our own investments and developments enhances and leverages our ability to advise others in all aspects of real estate-related activities.
Heartland is unique among real estate firms, both in terms of our breadth of capabilities and our long-term, relationship-based approach to collaboration with clients and investors. This breadth in services is key to our value equation. Our scope enables us to leverage knowledge from one business line in support of another as well as provide a robust continuum of real estate services tailored to a diverse client base. In addition, Heartland recently merged with Laird Norton Properties (LNP) to create a unique, multi-faceted and fully integrated business and real estate enterprise. Click here for more information about what we do at Heartland.
Reporting & Teaming
The APM will collaborate with and report to Project Management staff on a project-by-project basis. The PM will report to Principals and collaborate with team and internal project staff on a project-by-project basis.
Market appropriate; experience and skills considered. Comprehensive benefits package included.
Our ideal candidate(s) will have a strong compatibility with Heartland culture in terms of intellectual curiosity, team-oriented nature, problem-solving capacity, desire to learn new skills as projects demand, a focus on high-quality work product, and ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
All applicants should possess the following qualities:
- Outstanding critical thinking capacity
- Interdisciplinary capabilities
- Desire to work with clients
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to focus on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Strong self-motivation
- Team orientation
Applicants should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Real estate valuation fundamentals
- Abilities in market research and analysis
- Demonstrated technical writing ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Quantitative analysis and financial modeling capabilities
- Facility with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word PowerPoint)
In addition to APM requirements, PM applicants should also possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong team management skills, including managing internal teams and interdisciplinary external teams
- Consummate project management capabilities, including project scoping, process, timeline and deliverable management
- Residual Land Value analysis
Experience with the following software is not required, but would be a plus:
Applications accepted on rolling basis; seeking candidate for immediate start.
Applications shall include the following:
Applications should be sent via email to:
Carrie Christensen, Project Administrator/Marketing Coordinator